- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
Just in time for the cold season, Tacx surprises us with a Special Edition of the Neo 2 Smart direct drive trainer that classifies between the Neo 2T and its predecessor Neo 2.
Featuring finest technology to measure your performance data, the interactive Neo 2 Smart trainer (Special Edition) with almost noiseless direct drive comes up to highest expectations and is its big brother 2T’s equal in almost every way. A realistic ride feel is guaranteed with a dynamic mass inertia regulation, software-controlled descent simulation and vibrating road feel. Foldable and yet enormously stable, the proven design of the smart trainer ensures maximum stability for ambitious indoor training – during powerful out-of-the saddle riding on simulated climbs as well as explosive sprints. Without mechanical noises caused by rollers or a belt, you can train in an impressively realistic way and absolutely maintenance-free, thanks to the direct drive. Tacx has adapted the trainer axle and thus the axle compatibility of the Neo 2 Smart Special Edition to the Neo 2T Smart. This means that the trainer can be used with 130/135 mm quick releases as well as with 142/148 x 12 mm thru axles without complicated adapter solutions, making it compatible with most modern bikes “out of the box”.
Just remove the rear wheel, put the chain on your customised cassette (not included) and that’s it. A calibration is unnecessary, just like a heavy flywheel. As opposed to the mass inertia of a physical flywheel, the dynamic inertia compensates weight, speed and the angle of inclination magnetically and improves thus the ride feel significantly. Modern electronics with a faster chipset precisely control the magnetic brake and offer the basis for reliable, consistent power measurement. Apart from precise measurement of speed, cadence and power, the Tacx Neo 2 Smart (Special Edition) offers capacitive sensors to measure your left and right pedal stroke. You are now able to analyse them separately via the Tacx software or third-party software such as Cycling Dynamics in GARMIN Connect. To improve your stroke in every stage of the full crank rotation, the system records and displays the performance data on both sides. The sensor technology precisely records your performance data and offers thus the basis for the isotonic and the isokinetic training mode of the Neo 2 Smart.
Once paired, you can use the functions of Tacx apps, the cloud website or your favourite application. With videos and GPS trainings, alone or with friends. Coloured LED floor spots indicate your power, connection indicator LEDs indicate if the trainer is powered and connected with a device via ANT+ or Bluetooth Smart (BLE). Create training plans, analyse your data and export your activities to Strava. You can also use your favourite apps like Zwift or TrainerRoad to ride virtual races or document your goals. Of course, you can also train without an external power source. Like the Tacx Bushido Smart trainer, it comes with a permanent motor and electronics that are set to generate energy from your cycling movement, enabling the trainer to communicate with apps and control the resistance unit. It features all smart functions (except descent simulation) as long as you keep cycling. To update the firmware of your Neo 2 Smart and use the latest features, you can visit the Tacx cloud website.
• THRU AXLE COMPATIBILITY: As opposed to the NEO 2 Smart, the Special Edition uses the trainer axle of the NEO 2T Smart, which allows using it with modern 142/148 x 12 mm thru axles, too, without complicated adapter solutions. You can use your own thru axle and only need to put the corresponding axle component on the trainer.
• PEDAL STROKE ANALYSIS: Independently measures the power of your left and your right leg. This helps you to reduce muscle power deficits while improving your riding and pedalling technique.
(Please note: You can only use the pedal stroke analysis within the Tacx software in combination with the Windows 10 desktop app!)
• ROAD FEEL: Feel different road surfaces like cobblestones and gravel. The feature can be used in combination with the Tacx or Zwift app.
• ISOKINETIC AND ISOTONIC: Train with a constant speed or power level.
• CONNECTION INDICATORS: Intuitive LED lights indicated if you’re connected via ANT+ or Bluetooth Smart (BLE) and powered.
• NO CALIBRATION: The NEO 2 Smart (Special Edition) does not have to be calibrated, just like the Neo 2T.
• FOLDABLE: A foldable frame allows for easy transport and storage.
• Type of trainer: interactive smart trainer with direct drive and electromagnetic motor brake
• Magnets: 32 neodymium magnets
• Electrical requirements: 110-240 volt (mains plug optional)
• Power indicator: multicoloured LEDs, spotlight on the floor
• Connection indicator: 2 LEDs
• Firmware upgradable: yes
• Compatible cassettes: SHIMANO and SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed (not included)
• Compatible axles: rear hub spacing Race 130 mm, MTB 135 mm, 142 mm and 148 mm (separate adapter required for 135 x 10 mm and 135 x 12 mm)
• Model: T2850.61
• Max. power (40 km/h) 2200 watts
• Max. incline: approx. 25%
• Simulation of descent: Yes
• Max. torque: approx. 85 Nm
• Max. braking power: approx. 250 N
• Flywheel: virtual
• Mass inertia: variable to 125 kg
• Power measurement tolerance: +/- 1 %
• Calibration: no calibration required
• Footprint (L x W): approx. 575 x 750 mm (22.6 × 29.5 in)
• Height: approx. 550 mm (21.7 in)
• Dimensions when folded: approx. 620 x 260 x 440 mm (24.4 × 10.2 × 17.3 in)
• Weight: approx. 21.5 kg (47.3 lbs)
Data output & control:
• Wireless communication: ANT+ FE-C , Bluetooth Smart
• Control: smartphone, tablet, ANT+FE-C bike computer, stand alone link, computer via ANT+antenna
• Output: speed, pedalling cadence, power
• Readout units: smartphone, tablet, bike computer, sports watch, computer with ANT+ antenna
In the box:
• 1 Tacx NEO 2 Smart Special Edition T2850.61 smart trainer
• 1 adapter cap for 5 x 130/135 mm QR incl. quick release
• 1 adapter cap for 12 x 142 mm thru axle
• 1 adapter cap for 12 x 148 mm BOOST thru axle
• 1 spacer for 9/10-speed cassettes
• 1 power cable
• Mounting kit
• 1-month subscription to the Tacx Premium software
Cassette NOT included.
For SRAM XD/XDR and Campagnolo cassettes, you’ll need a separate freehub body! Please note that the Special Edition of the Neo 2 Smart is only compatible with freehub bodies for the Neo 2T Smart, due to the update of the trainer axle. Freehub bodies for the previous Neo 2 Smart are NOT compatible with the Special Edition!
• Tacx freehub body SRAM XD/XDR T2875.76 (product code: 2297844)
• Tacx freehub body Campagnolo T2875.51 (C)
• ANT+ dongle for synchronisation with external system devices, no integrated ANT+ radio technology (product code: 2268039)
• GARMIN HRM Pro™ chest strap for information on your heart rate (product code: 2308908)
• Tacx T2935 sweat set including the T2931 sweat cover (product code: 2187057) with a separate smartphone compartment and a high-quality Tacx T2940 towel (product code: 2280657)
• Tacx tablet holder T2092 (product code: 2005692) or Tacx T2098 tablet stand (product code: 2054014) to position your tablet where you need it.
• Tacx Trolley transport bag for Neo 2 Smart (product code 2284019)
- Mechanical control:
- Compatible with ANT+:
- Wireless control:
- Simulated slope:
- über 20%
- Turob trainer wattage:
- über 2000 Watt
- Supplied data:
- Speed, Cadence, Power measurement
- Bicycle compatibility:
- 12x142 mm (thru axle), 12x148 mm (thru axle BOOST), 5 x 130/135 mm (thru axle)